Monday, February 13, 2006

thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's schtüff

so i just glanced at becca's profile and saw that it had been viewed 472 times. this made me wonder two things:
first, why the hell is that information listed? i'm already looking at the profile, it's not like i need the something to convince me to do so. "oh, look. all the cool kids check out her profile, i guess i will, too."
second, how many proflile hits do i have?
the answer: 72.
yep, that's right. becca has been checked out exactly 400 times more than i have. isn't that like saying she's 5 times more popular than i am? or that in a crowd, 5 times more people would look at her than me?
this is so depressing.

7 Comments:

Blogger jmg said...

well, she is a cute girl...i mean, wouldn't you check her out? hahaha :)

but also, her blog has been around quite a bit longer. in fact, she's the one that got me hooked on this stuff

8:07 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

Thanks for the advert, Scoupe.

(And yeah, I've wondered the same thing myself. I mean, you're already there. By that time, it's just bragging points. Haha. I've been checked out more than you have. Am a little disturbed, though: how did 470 people find my blog? That's a lot. Maybe someone is seriously stalking me and reads my profile everyday. That would be weird. Anyway. I'll check yours lots but not tell anyone, and try to beef up your numbers for you.)

8:23 AM  
Blogger jmg said...

hey now you've got 95!!!

6:35 AM  
Blogger karen-the-great said...

I wonder - was that actual concern, or some kind of psychological test to get the rest of us to view your profile?

Either way, I looked, too.

8:32 AM  
Blogger scøüpe said...

concern? hell no. that was outright jealousy. and maybe a little psychologically manipulative snaring. and it worked; frø said i'm up to 95 now.
maybe if i post a picture of a cute girl on my site more people would check me out.

11:43 AM  
Blogger starbuck said...

it's okay that becca's 5x cooler than you. (actually, she started out @ 61/2x cooler than you, but you're gaining on her.)

i think the secret is not minding, if you're not cool, or not as cool, or just the coolest thing ever. if you know who you are, what's it matter whether anyone else gets it?

not that i've completely figured out who i am myself... i know who i want to be, though: james bond, baby!

4:35 PM  
Blogger scøüpe said...

i assume you're referring to the connery bond. brosnan did okay but dalton and that other guy didn't really fit the bill. maybe the new guy will do better.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home